Outstanding Teaching, Learning and Assessment
A handbook for managers with 13 Principles for Outstanding Teaching, Learning and Assessment. Ideal for monitoring and for the self-evaluation process.
A handbook for teachers and support staff with hundreds of practical strategies for turning the policy into practice.
Outstanding Teaching - 5 Key Principles
- Classroom management systems in place, atmosphere and environment welcoming.
- Learning aims clear and understood by all.
- Key vocabulary displayed, used and understood.
- All students participate without anxiety.
- Teachers identify, review and celebrate learning.
Principles on 1 page. How? 51 pages of ideas to help teachers reach these goals.
Outstanding Learning - 4 Key Principles
- Learners are clear and confident when activities and tasks begin.
- Effective learning tasks demand thinking and understanding, not just answers.
- Planning for differentiation helps to meet the needs of all learners.
- All teachers have a responsibility for integrating and developing basic and key skills.
Principles on 1 page. How? 45 pages of techniques, examples and guidance.
Outstanding Assessment - 4 Key Principles
- Key purpose of assessment is to promote learning; distinction between Assessment of and Assessment for Learning understood by all.
- Assessment criteria shared and understood by all.
- Learners engage in peer and self assessment.
- Feedback and feedforward systems are in action.
Principles on 1 page. How? 32 pages of these principles seen in practice.
The principles and ideas have been warmly received by schools as the quotes indicate:
- Robert Powell’s INSET was a day bursting with practical strategies, exciting, stimulating and varied.
(Following INSET on ideas in the book) Anna Wells, AHT, Manchester High School for Girls
- Robert’s ideas can be adapted to any age or situation and have had a huge impact upon attainment and progress at Marston Vale Middle School
Jim Godfrey, Headteacher
- Quite inspirational; the most positive feedback that we have ever received from INSET.
(Following INSET on ideas in the book) Derek Peaple Headteacher, Park House School and Sports College, Newbury
There are no demos / samples available.
There are currently no testimonials for this product