Robert Powell, a Director of Robert Powell Publications, also offers training and consultancy through a separate partnership, RCP Training and Consultancy. He can be contacted via email on email@example.com or by telephone on 01785 664600. Details of his work with schools and colleges can be found by exploring the links on this page.
The focus for our training and consultancy
Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Developing policies and practice for varied learning and teaching styles.
- Introductory days on widening learning and teaching styles.
- Working with teams, focus groups or departments in developing practice.
Assessment for Learning
- Using assessment to aid learning, not just measure it.
- Sharing assessment criteria and models of practice.
- Marking policies and reducing the burden of marking.
- Using feedback to help learners and to set short-term targets.
- Managing time for dialogue with individuals and small groups.
- Using peer assessment and self-assessment to raise achievement.
- Developing ground rules for effective learning and teaching.
- Motivating the hard-to-reach or disaffected.
- Providing access to curriculum and resources for learners with low levels of literacy.
- Managing effective group work.
- Planning effective learning activities.
- Developing assignments that require thinking, processing and understanding.
- Integrating key skills.
- Techniques for getting participation in class teaching.
- Interactive activities for questioning and revision.
- Interactive software and interactive whiteboards.
- Differentiation in the planning of tasks and assignments.
- Differentiation through class teaching.
- Differentiation through dialogue and support.
- Differentiation through classroom management.
- Differentiation through assessment.
- Challenging able students.